Yesterday I received an email about Windows 11, they made an announcement that their beta is now available in the Beta Channel. You can read their original post here. I decided to give it a go~
Update to Windows 11 beta steps:
- Make sure to make a backup of your files before you begin with the whole process
- You can enroll for Windows Insider program notifications here, after you enroll to the program, you will get the latest updates about Windows 11
- Go to Settings, search for Windows Insider Program.
- Click Get Started, and choose your Insider Program channel. Here I chose for Beta Channel, since Dev Channel usually have tons of bugs.
- Wait for the download to finish, then restart your PC/laptop
- After you restart your PC/laptop, the installation process should begin automatically. You don’t have to worry with irrelevant Windows 10 updates, Windows will automatically handles it.
I don’t have any functional issues at all with my Windows 11 beta. All of my applications are working like usual. But I have to admit that my laptop performance became a little bit sluggish.. But still acceptable for me. While I know that Microsoft will collecting my usage data (hence the beta program), I believe participating in their beta programs can help improving the released version later on ~
~ tt ~